The Sennheiser MKH-40 P48 is a pressure gradient condenser microphone designed for remote recording, sound reinforcement, instrument capturing, group and choir capturing and speech. The MKH 40's capsule features symmetrical transducer technology that ensures extremely low distortion, and its wide-angle cardioid polar pattern provides balanced sound reproduction. Reverse attenuation ensures maximum rejection of off-axis sound, providing exceptional control of the captured ambiance. The MKH 40 P48 features a low frequency roll-off switch, to minimize rumble and noise. Switchable pre-attenuation provides an additional 10 dB of headroom, preventing distortion and overload caused by transient signals at close proximity.
- Pressure gradient microphone with cardioid pick-up pattern
- Maximum front to back ratio
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Switchable roll-off filter to compensate for proximity effects at a distance of approx. 0.5 m
- Switchable pre-attenuation